We are still facing some problems but I guess the most are fixed
maybe some "glitchs" can be present we working on them
The default temeplate has been changed after problem reports with the old1 !
U want to become part of our community !?!?
After registration you will need to ask for activation.
Activation Request

Thread Rating:
  • 125 Votes - 2.82 Average
The Jimmy Stewart Show
05-06-2016, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 05:02 AM by jimmo.)
Suggestion of "The Jimmy Stewart Show"
[Image: The_Jimmy_Stewart_Show_TV_Title_1971-500x374.jpg] [Image: James-in-the-Jimmy-Stewart-Show.jpg]

Smile I am unsure if I am posting this in the proper forum section. But as I didn't see any other labeled "TV Requests," I shall give it a try. If this post is in the wrong section, please let me know and I can always copy and paste it into the proper place of our wonderful 1-Link.org.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion for "The Jimmy Stewart Show," a cute one-season series originally broadcast on NBC. It was released on DVD in a Manufactured-on-Demand (MOD) basis, by Warner Archive Collection in 2014. There are only 24 episodes. I recall it as a smartly humorous and gentle family sitcom, more dramedy than "ha-ha" funny, laughline-a-second like so many sitcoms today.

Here is the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) listing for "The Jimmy Stewart Show"--http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066673/

Of course James Stewart was one of Hollywood's most durable and likeable leading men, famous for his roles in such acclaimed films as "The Philadelphia Story," Frank Capra's "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" and the Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life," as well "The Spirit of St. Louis," "The Glenn Miller Story," the Westerns "Destry Rides Again," "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," and "Winchester '73," and the Alfred Hitchcock classics "Rope," "Rear Window" and "Vertigo." Stewart was one of director Hitchcock's favorite actors, for his portrayals of a likeable "everyman," whereas Cary Grant, it was said, portrayed idealized dashing and witty males (often playboys), roles of men as "they wish they could be."

[Image: 20107478.jpg] [Image: jimmykirby76565.JPG] [Image: jimmy_stewart_show_low.jpg]

This single-season NBC sitcom was the only time Stewart allowed himself to be billed as "Jimmy Stewart," rather than "James Stewart."

The supporting cast of "The Jimmy Stewart Show" included Julie Adams as "Martha Howard," the pretty and smart wife of Stewart's "James K. Howard," an anthropology professor at "Josiah Kessel College" in the small northern California town of "Easy Valley." Adams had a busy career in films and TV, including many Westerns, mostly playing romantic opposite to handsome/rugged male leads. But among Adams' most notorious roles was that of bathing beauty "Kay Lawrence" in the Universal horror flick "Creature from the Black Lagoon," as well having the distinction of playing the only defendant ever convicted in the entire nine-year's run of CBS' "Perry Mason."

Among other supporting players in "The Jimmy Stewart Show" was the great character actor John McGiver as "Dr. Luther Quince," a friend of "Jim Howard" as well fellow professor, in the college's chemistry department. McGiver was a familiar face in dozens of films and television episodes (usually portraying officious, pompous types), the most well-known roles of which were New York Chronicle publisher "J.R. Castle" in the first season of "The Patty Duke Show," and the series regular roles of a department store manager in "Many Happy Returns" and the intelligence boss in "Mr. Terrific," as well an out-of-character turn as a perv trick ("Mr. O'Daniel") of "Joe Buck's" (Jon Voight) in the Academy-Award winning film "Midnight Cowboy." McGiver also co-starred in such prominent films as "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and the original version of "The Manchurian Candidate."

The basic background of this series is the elder son "Peter Howard" (Jonathan Daly) of Stewart's character moves his entire family back into his parents' home while his own home is being rebuilt after a fire. And therein hijinks ensue about the generation gap between three generations of "Howards."

One interesting aspect of the series' background is "Peter" has a son named "Jake" (played by the adorable Kirby Furlong, who would also portray young "Patrick Dennis" in the 1974 film version of "Mame" with Lucille Ball) to whom "Peter's" younger brother (and the youngest son of "Prof. Jim Howard"), "Teddy" (Dennis Larson), is a younger (by five days) uncle. And the younger "Teddy" lords his avuncular status over older "Jake" every chance he gets, to my recollection.

[Image: canonfodder-jimmystewartshow-650.jpg]

[Image: 1392164354_1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Give Reputation to this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Suggestion of "The Jimmy Stewart Show"
is this a request or... ???
05-09-2016, 05:30 AM
(05-08-2016 08:54 AM)JEDAN Wrote:  is this a request or... ???

It could be considered a request, or else just a suggestion for a request. As I wrote, I didn't see a specific section in the forum for requests, so wasn't sure Huh I posted in the correct sub-forum. If I haven't, please tell me where and I will delete and re-post it.
05-09-2016, 06:41 AM
(05-09-2016 05:30 AM)jimmo Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 08:54 AM)JEDAN Wrote:  is this a request or... ???

It could be considered a request, or else just a suggestion for a request. As I wrote, I didn't see a specific section in the forum for requests, so wasn't sure Huh I posted in the correct sub-forum. If I haven't, please tell me where and I will delete and re-post it.

its OK regarding the section,so if some1 are interested for this series just leave an replay here...

regards
06-07-2016, 01:42 AM
The Jimmy Stewart Show
looking for a series called
The Jimmy Stewart Show (1971-1972) 24 episodes

Info
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066673/
Beloved film legend James Stewart made his much-anticipated, highly-publicized series TV debut in this domestic comedy about the frequently chaotic home and professional lives of a small-town college professor.
Creator: Hal Kanter
Stars: James Stewart, Julie Adams, Jonathan Daly
been looking for this it will be a tough one as did see some torrents but no seeds
Good luck and take your time

Thank you
Todd
06-07-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: The Jimmy Stewart Show
added:
http://1-link.org/showthread.php?tid=38443

br
06-09-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: The Jimmy Stewart Show
Thank you JEDAN

Todd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Flip Wilson Show (1970-1974) todd23 2 493 02-26-2018 10:36 PM
Last Post: todd23
  The Golddiggers Variety Show 1971/72 Anjel51 0 439 01-15-2018 09:39 PM
Last Post: Anjel51
  The Judy Garland Show 1964-64 todd23 5 2,759 11-20-2015 11:24 AM
  The Mike Douglas Show (1961–1982) todd23 2 2,258 11-20-2015 03:13 AM
  The Merv Griffin Show (1962–1986) todd23 2 2,310 11-16-2015 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)